Sequence Internet Explorer 8 Favorite Shortcuts RRS feed

• Question

• How do I sequence IE8 favorites.

I did it like this.

I used C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe "http://site.url"

It appears in the users favorites but when click on it to open I get the "Open File - Security Warning" message.  If I click Open it runs just fine but users are complaining.

I saw a similar post but was for IE7 and the fix was for that as well.

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 7:25 AM

Answers

All replies

• I assume you're redirecting the user Favorites to their home drive? See this article Avoiding Explorer’s Security Warning Prompts

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com | The Definitive Guide to Delivering Microsoft Office with App-V

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 8:05 AM
  • Not too sure I follow...so here is some more detail...

If I right click the favorite url and go properties

General

Type of file - Shortcut (.lnk)

Location - C:\Users\brett\Favorites

Shortcut details are

Target - "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Application Virtualization Client\sfttray.exe" /launch "AppTracker 1.0"

Start in - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~1

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 8:25 AM
  • That article describes how to remove the security warnings. See this KB for more info: Description of how the Attachment Manager works in Microsoft Windows

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com | The Definitive Guide to Delivering Microsoft Office with App-V

• Proposed as answer by znack Friday, November 16, 2012 9:24 AM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Friday, November 16, 2012 10:56 PM
    Wednesday, November 14, 2012 8:36 AM
  • Okay I looked at this but I cannot find this reg entry, do I need to create it

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Associations
    Wednesday, November 14, 2012 9:05 AM
  • Hello,

If you want to implement that solution, yes - creating the registry key would be the way togo

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

Friday, November 16, 2012 9:24 AM