Windows Media Player RRS feed

• Question

• Windows Media Player will not play DVDs.  Graphic drivers and codecs have been upgraded; will still not play DVDs?
    Wednesday, October 26, 2011 8:32 PM

Answers

• If you're running XP and have Windows Media Player 11, try rolling back to Windows Media Player 9.

You can do this by going to your Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs, scrolling down to Windows Media Player 11 and uninstalling. This process will roll back WMP 11.0 to WMP 9.0.

Now, try playing a DVD. If it works, then re-upgrade back to Windows Media Player 11 by running Windows update.

I hope this helps.

Thursday, October 27, 2011 3:37 AM

All replies

• If you're running XP and have Windows Media Player 11, try rolling back to Windows Media Player 9.

You can do this by going to your Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs, scrolling down to Windows Media Player 11 and uninstalling. This process will roll back WMP 11.0 to WMP 9.0.

Now, try playing a DVD. If it works, then re-upgrade back to Windows Media Player 11 by running Windows update.

I hope this helps.

Thursday, October 27, 2011 3:37 AM
  • can i know what codec packs have you installed ?? Check windows media player DVD settings under windows media player > right-click menu bar > options > dvd.
    Regards, h9ck3r.
    Thursday, October 27, 2011 6:13 AM
  • I have windows 10 and it advise I could not go back to wmp 11. I can play dvds and cds ,no problem.I can not play most of the cds I have ripped already .It was working fine three days ago ?
    Tuesday, November 8, 2016 10:59 PM