none
Windows Update RRS feed

• Question

• Every Time I Update my Windows 7 PC the Updates get Installed Fine. But every time I run Disk Clean-up with Windows Update Clean-up they just keep coming back. I have Re-Installed Windows 7 about 4 times but it's still the same are they Bad Updates they are 7 of those bad updates here are the Update info

Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 11 for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB3021952)

Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 11 for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB3032359)

• Edited by Rocky8000 Saturday, April 4, 2015 5:51 PM
    Friday, April 3, 2015 8:45 PM

All replies

• every time I run Disk Clean-up with Windows Update Clean-up they just keep coming back.

Someone else has mentioned this quirk.  Hopefully it will be dealt with somehow.  AFAIK no one has done any analysis to try to understand which pieces should not be removed by the clean-up.  Can you avoid or customize the clean-up process?

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Saturday, April 4, 2015 2:17 PM
    Answerer
  • I have Tried not to Click on Windows Update Clean-Up in Disk Clean-Up. But the problem is My Hard Drive gets full of junk files if I keep them Installed. I Use CCleaner and Wise Disk Cleaner. I Clean Out the Windows 7 OS all the time. I have used CC and Wise for year's and that's never happened before. Before if it Deletes old Updates they never came back. But those Updates keep coming back every time. If I Install them I have to run CC Wise and Disk Clean-Up about 10 Times just to get rid of all the Junk. Once I had 24GB to Remove and Once I had to Re-Install Windows.

Saturday, April 4, 2015 6:30 PM
  •  I Use CCleaner and Wise Disk Cleaner.

Then perhaps they are the problem?  FWIW I don't use anything and WU seems to keep things under control automatically.  If anything I think it does more compression and deletion in WinSxS than it really needs to.

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Sunday, April 5, 2015 6:11 PM
    Answerer
  • Every Time I Update my Windows 7 PC the Updates get Installed Fine. But every time I run Disk Clean-up with Windows Update Clean-up they just keep coming back.

Patient (demonstrating): "Doctor, it hurts when I do this!"
             Doctor: "Don't do that."

Don't do that.

<EDIT>
    Yes, what you're seeing is a known-bug (but not acknowledged by MS anywhere AFAIK) in, apparently, that last 2 or 3 Cumulative Security Updates for IE11/Win7 (i.e., KB3038314; KB3032359; KB3021952). As long as KB3038314 is listed in Installed Updates (not just Update History), feel free to hide KB3038314, KB3032359 and/or KB3021952.
    </EDIT>

• HOW TO Hide an Update or Restore a Hidden Update
         http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/24376-windows-update-hide-restore-hidden-updates.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the future, you will find Consumer-specific support for Windows Update in this forum => http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_update

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear) MS MVP-Windows Client since 2002 Disclaimer: MS MVPs neither represent nor work for Microsoft

Sunday, April 5, 2015 10:31 PM
  • TIP: If you ever again think your registry needs to be cleaned, repaired, boosted, tuned-up, cured, tweaked, fixed, maximized, "swept" or optimised (it doesn't), read this article (and related links cited therein) then draw your own conclusions. Also related => http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2563254

TIP: If you run Disk Cleanup with the Windows Update Cleanup option enabled and you later need to uninstall an update, you may not be able to do so!

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear) MS MVP-Windows Client since 2002 Disclaimer: MS MVPs neither represent nor work for Microsoft

Sunday, April 5, 2015 10:33 PM
  • Hi Rocky8000,

First of all ,I would suggest you to run "wusa.exe /uninstall /kb:KB3021952"and "wusa.exe /uninstall /kb:KB3032359"to verify whether they have been installed correctly.
    We can try to manually install them to have a check before we taking the following step to have a troubleshoot  ,if there is any antivirus software installed ,please turn them off temporarily to have a check:
    1.Run the built-in troubleshoot tool to have  a diagnostic :
     Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Troubleshooting\All Categories\Windows Update.

2.Clear the windows update cache.
     net stop wuauserv
      cd %systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution
      ren Download Download.old
      net start wuauserv
      Restart the machine and manually check for updates again

3.Try the fixit tool to reset Windows update Components
     How do I reset Windows Update components?
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/971058

If the issue persists ,please check the Event Viewer (Event Viewer \Windows Logs \Application ,System ,Setup )and the "Windowsupdate.log" (Search it directly) for more information to troubleshoot this issue .If you have troubles in analyzing this issue ,we can upload them to the OneDrive and paste the link here .

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Rocky8000 Monday, April 6, 2015 9:01 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Rocky8000 Monday, April 6, 2015 10:19 PM
    Monday, April 6, 2015 2:06 AM
  • Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 11 for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2929437) Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 11 for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2977629) Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 11 for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2987107) Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 11 for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB3003057) Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 11 for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB3008923) Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 11 for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB3021952) Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 11 for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB3032359) I have done all that. All those cause Big Problems
    Monday, April 6, 2015 8:06 PM
  • In the future, you will find Consumer-specific support for Windows Update in this forum => http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_update

See these recent & related discussions in Answers forums => http://goo.gl/8EAbLD

Monday, April 6, 2015 8:13 PM
  • @Rocky8000 => You've marked MeipoXu's last reply as ANSWER. Have you resolved your problem or...?

Monday, April 6, 2015 10:03 PM
  • I Thought I Fixed the problem but it's still the same. They just keep coming Back. it's like They Install Successfully. But Keep Asking you to Update again. If you choose to Install them they just take up so much HDD Space. If I choose to hide them that's what I have done Until Microsoft Fixes the problem. Windows Update Will Download 2 of Those Bad Updates. If I hide them you get anther Update then you hide that one 2 becomes 5 and then anther 2 then you get 7 Bad Updates. If you Install All those bad Update they F*** Up your System.

• Edited by Rocky8000 Monday, April 6, 2015 11:45 PM
    Monday, April 6, 2015 11:42 PM
  • Assuming Win7 64-bit with Internet Explorer 11 (IE11) installed...

We'll need to "dig a little deeper" here. Please answer each of the following [admittedly tedious] diagnostic questions in a correspondingly-numbered list in your very next reply, preferably without quoting my post:

1a. When (approx. date) did you purchase the computer?

1b. Did Win7 64-bit come preinstalled on the computer when you bought it, did you do a clean install of Win7, or did you upgrade the computer to Win7?

2. What is the full name of your installed anti-virus application or security suite and when (approx. date) does your current subscription expire? What anti-spyware applications (other than Defender) are installed? What third-party firewall (if any)?

3. Has a(nother) Norton application or a McAfee application EVER been installed on the computer since you bought it?

4. Did a Norton free-trial or a McAfee free-trial [PICK ONE] come preinstalled on the computer when you bought it? (Doesn't matter if you never used or Activated it.)

5. Is KB3032359, KB3030377, KB3032323, KB3035131, KB3034344, KB3035126, KB3035132, KB3039066, KB3033889, KB3046049, and/or KB3033929 listed in Installed Updates (not Update History)? [1]

6. Assuming Java is installed => Is Java Version 8 Update 40 (or higher) or Java Version 7 Update 75 (or higher) installed? TEST HERE USING INTERNET EXPLORER ONLY! => http://java.com/en/download/uninstallapplet.jsp [2]

7. Is Adobe Flash Player v17.0.0.134 (or higher) installed? TEST HERE USING INTERNET EXPLORER ONLY! => http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

8a. When (exact date) was Internet Explorer 11 installed according to Installed Updates?

8b. What Update Version & KB number are displayed in the second line of text in IE11's Help | About [Alt+H+A] tab; e.g., Update Version: XX.0.54 (KB1231231) ?

8c. Is Firefox, Chrome or any other alternate browser installed?

9. Are you in the habit of using "Registry cleaners" (e.g., Registry Mechanic; System Mechanic; RegCure; RegClean Pro; Advanced SystemCare; Registry Booster; McAfee QuickClean; Glary Utilities; AVG PC TuneUp; Norton Registry Cleaner; PCTools Optimiser; SpeedUpMyPC; PC Doctor; TuneUp Utilities; WinMaximizer; WinSweeper; Comodo System Cleaner; Advanced System Optimizer; CCleaner's Registry Cleaner component)?

==============================================
    [1] Start | Control Panel | Programs and Features | View installed updates (in left-hand menu)

[2] No need to install Java if it's not already installed!

Tuesday, April 7, 2015 5:26 PM
  • I have Reinstalled My Windows 7 OS about 4 or 5 times just to check if it was the software is not the software. What happens when I install those updates windows gets full of junk and I mean full of junk. This is never happened to me before. What happens is when I run Disk Cleanup With Windows Update Cleanup Checked I do understand it deletes old Updates but what is happening is Windows Update Keeps Re-Offering she same Updates Again an Again. My Desktop is Packard Bell Windows 7 UK2620. My PC fine I had it Checked Out By PC World here in the UK. My PC is Working fine Windows is Working fine.
    Tuesday, April 14, 2015 4:17 PM
  • I have Reinstalled My Windows 7 OS about 4 or 5 times...

I really don't think "reinstalling" Win7 once was necessary. That being said...

Does the behavior persist once you've installed KB3038314 (and KB2990214), followed by a reboot but do NOT run Disk Cleanup with the Windows Update Cleanup option enabled?

You will find Consumer-specific support for Windows Update in this forum => http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_update

Tuesday, April 14, 2015 9:37 PM
  • Hi Rocky8000,
    I noticed all the KB cleaned up is related to the Internet Explorer 11.
    There is a possibility that the installation has corrupted ,so the disk cleanup will clean the KB installed .
    Please take following steps to have a troubleshoot :
    1.Run "sfc /scannow"to check the health of the system files .
    2.Download the Readiness Tool , run it then manually check for updates again to have a check.
    Readiness Tool
    http://windows.microsoft.com/is-IS/windows7/What-is-the-System-Update-Readiness-Tool
    3.If the issue persists ,run the following command line to uninstall Internet Explorer 11 and then restart the machine .Reinstall the Internet Explorer 11 .

"FORFILES /P %WINDIR%\servicing\Packages /M Microsoft-Windows-InternetExplorer-*11.*.mum /c "cmd /c echo Uninstalling package @fname && start /w pkgmgr /up:@fname /quiet /norestart"

Internet Explorer 11 for Windows 7
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-hk/download/Internet-Explorer-11-for-Windows-7-details.aspx

Please check the Event Viewer for more information to troubleshoot this issue in the same time .
    Event Viewer \Windows Logs \Application ,System ,Setup

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, April 15, 2015 6:05 AM
  • Tried it all
    Thursday, April 16, 2015 4:06 PM
  • I understand what your saying. But every update I get installs successfully without any problems. So I am not buying what Microsoft says.
    • Edited by Rocky8000 Thursday, April 16, 2015 4:49 PM
    Thursday, April 16, 2015 4:48 PM
  • I understand what your saying. But every update I get installs successfully without any problems...
    To whom were you replying above?

Thursday, April 16, 2015 9:10 PM
  • MeipoXu
    Thursday, April 16, 2015 9:41 PM
  • every update I get installs successfully without any problems.

Have you used CheckSUR yet?  There may be a difference between "installed" and "applied" (or "installed and applied" and "still applied" in case you have a rogue security package).

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Friday, April 17, 2015 12:36 AM
    Answerer