none
tape expire RRS feed

• Question

• hi

through dpm 2007 , my tape showing expired , how i can make the tape without expire , i mean how to configure overwritten in tape..

Sunday, September 25, 2011 8:34 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

DPM will automatically overwrite a tape that shows as expired, but only if there are no tapes in the library that are shown a free.   Once all Free tapes are used, then DPM will start overwriting the tapes marked as expired.  hope this helps.

Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Monday, September 26, 2011 3:45 PM
  • no dpm 2010  not overwriting the tape , once tape expire its unable to do the the backup

how we can specify  over wright option.

Wednesday, October 5, 2011 11:54 AM
  • Hi,

Do you have library sharing enabled ?   If so, that is the issue, only the original DPM server that wrote to the tape originally can overwrite the expired tape.

We have this great tape utility tool available for download and I believe it will solve your issue regardless.  

http://blogs.technet.com/b/dpm/archive/2010/07/09/the-search-for-dpm-tape-utilities-stops-here.aspx

[…]

Example: Schedule tapeerase for expired tapes every 1 day at 10:00am

.\dpmtapeutil.ps1 -search "state=recyclable" -tapeerase –schedule “Enable|daily|1|10:00”

Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Wednesday, October 5, 2011 4:29 PM
  • housekeeping - closing old post.  Open a new post if you still have a need.

Thursday, November 24, 2011 4:01 PM
  • Hello dear all,

Prasoon is right, dpm 2010 wont automatically erase tape once expire and wont fill the rest of the tapes, I recieve the message no more tape available and have do mark them as avalaible manualy....

How can we AUTOMATICALLY free the expire tapes ??

No library sharing, and using firestreamer with multiple tape drive ( 5 drives per library )

Wednesday, December 21, 2011 10:34 AM