Windows 2008 Server-Manger shows Failure 0x800B0100 RRS feed

• Question

• Windows Server 2008 Std. 64Bit German, shows a failure with last actualisation. It says unexpected error with actualisation Server-Manager:
    There was no signature at the requester available HRESULT: 0x800B0100.
    Also the Update Package KB955430 cannot be resolved and fails to install.
    The update status of Windowsupdate have been for several days at downloading 11% and the reboot stalled and had to be forced after 45 minutes.
    The manual download and install of KB955430 had same error as result.
    System Update Readiness Tool founds 3 errors (KB955430) in CheckSUR.persist.log it could not solve.
    The other WindowsUpdates of June have been installed successful.
    What can i do to solve the Problem?
    Monday, June 22, 2009 9:31 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

You should copy KB955430 related files in C:\Windows\servicing\Packages from a working Windows Server 2008 or Vista 64bit machine to the same location of this problematic computer to replace the corrupt files.

As you are using a German system and I do not have such one, I cannot provide you with these files. If you do not have another Windows Server 2008 or Vista 64bit machine, I suggest requesting these files in a German forum or newsgroup.

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/default.mspx?ICP=MSCOM&sLCID=US&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.word.word97vba&iPageNumber=1

Hope it helps.

Tim Quan - MSFT

• Marked as answer by Tim Quan Monday, June 22, 2009 11:11 AM
    Monday, June 22, 2009 11:11 AM
  • Thanks Tim for the reply

I have installed a W2k8 x64 german from technet on x64 PC and made all the updates.
    Then i copied all KB955430 files from Packages folder to a memorystick.

After setting access right and owner of the packages folder for the administrator on the destinationserver.
    Then i copied the file to the folder and set the right for the administrator and the owner back to original settings.

This cured the Error of the Server-Manager.

Unfortunately the Windows Update shows me KB955430 still as important update to install, but fails always
    with the Code 80070020 Error.

I have restarted the server and the Windows Update service, but without success.

As there is no AV-Software or Firewallsoftware at this time installed, i could not find a solution on for that error.

Has any a solution?
    Thursday, June 25, 2009 7:10 AM
  • Hi,

Please understand that troubleshoot this kind of issues, we usually need to check logs. However, as this forum is for English only and you are using a non-English system, it is not convenient for us to check your logs.

I suggest discussing this issue in a German forum/newsgroup. They are the best resource to deal with this issue. Thank you for your understanding.

Tim Quan - MSFT

Thursday, June 25, 2009 7:22 AM