Problems connecting to Direct Access Client RRS feed

• Question

• We have about 40 users who use Direct Access for remote working. We have a few machines that for no particular reason do not connect up to Direct Access. All other users work fine at present. We get them to use the Local Names option for connection usually.

I have 2 DCA Diagnostic Logs but they appear to be exactly the same apart from the initial error message which are;

YELLOW: Corporate connectivity requires user action.
    Local names are currently preferred. Prefer corporate names to restore DirectAccess connectivity.
    28/8/2012 14:41:44 (UTC)

RED: Corporate connectivity is not working.
    Windows is unable to resolve corporate network names.  Please contact your administrator if this problem persists.
    28/8/2012 14:59:17 (UTC)

I have tried;

Removing machine from domain and readding to the domain and then readding the direct access group policy to the machine.

Removing and readding the Direct Access software.

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 3:13 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Can you post some more information from the DCA logs so it is possible to find possible errors?

Or post the output from the following commands on one of the clients where you have NOT enabled "Use local names":

netsh namespace show effective

netsh dnsclient show state

Best wishes,
    Jonas Blom

Jonas Blom | Relevo AB | http://blog.nrpt.se

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 6:59 PM
  • Yeah, without more information it's tough to say. Try re-issuing the machine certificates on these machines (the ones issued from your internal CA server). When some computers work and some don't, it's quite often certificate problems on the trouble machines. I have also seen "lockdown" group policies that might only be applied to some machines interfere with DA's ability to connect. Is there any commonality between these computers that are not working?
    Wednesday, August 29, 2012 7:49 PM