none
Roaming, local or mandatory profiles RRS feed

• Question

•  

Curious to what others are using in their environments and how it works for you. For the goal of free roaming between desktops and terminal sessions, what is the best setup recommendation to allow users to keep settings (local apps, IE, Virtual apps) and move around freely?

Anybody using Flex profiles or mandatory profiles?

Pro=login speed

Cons=?

Tuesday, November 27, 2007 4:30 PM

Answers

•  

mandatory profiles help keep environements clean.  You can redirect folders that users need to save data to (my documents etc. . .)  Softgrid won't care but user profiles should be small and not muck up your Terminal Servers. 

Thursday, December 13, 2007 8:53 PM

All replies

• troy,

This is actually a pretty big area for discussion, but in general I try whenever possible to use some form of 'flexible' or 'hybrid' solution.. Obviously using Softgrid helps with the app personalisation but you still need something to look after the rest (local apps/Printers/OS settings etc) - personally I like Environment Manager from AppSense but there are other (cheaper) options out there..

Dan

Wednesday, December 5, 2007 9:22 AM
  •  

mandatory profiles help keep environements clean.  You can redirect folders that users need to save data to (my documents etc. . .)  Softgrid won't care but user profiles should be small and not muck up your Terminal Servers. 

Thursday, December 13, 2007 8:53 PM