Windows Vista Ultimate 64-Bit 4GB RAM RRS feed

• Question

• I have been running 3GB RAM on my system with 64-Bit Vista for quite a while now. I have recently tried to upgrade from 3GB to 4GB RAM.

PC Specs:

Intel C2Q q6600 @ 2.4

250GB WDC HD

XFX nForce 680i LT SLi Mobo

eVGA 8800GT SC

3GB OCZ SLI-Ready RAM ( 3x 1024 MB)

After inserting the fourth DIMM into the remaining RAM slot and powering on the computer, the monitor doesn't kick on. I get no POST or ANY boot screens. The monitor remains inactive until powering off the system. The system works fine with 3 GB RAM, but I have had no luck getting it to run with 4GB. I had a similar problem when I was running 2GB RAM before. I accidently installed the sticks into slots 0 and 2 on the motherboard and the monitor didn't kick on. I simply moved the second stick to slot 1, and it worked fine. However, there is no option for rearrangement seeing as how I'm using all 4 slots when trying to use 4GB RAM.

Is there certain BIOS requirements and/or settings I should be using in order for the system to run with 4GB RAM? Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Saturday, January 12, 2008 4:22 AM

Answers

•  

if your ram runs at 800 mhz try to lower it to 667 mhz. Don't known about your ram, but i have corsair 4*1024 and at ramguy i found topic, that if you wanna runt 4 gb in 4 dimm you have to decrease it to 667 mhz. That helps me.
    Monday, January 14, 2008 3:48 PM