Exchange 2013 in Coexistence Mode with Exchange 2010 Support SharePoint 2013 Site Mailboxes? RRS feed

• Question

• If we have Exchange 2013 in Coexistence with Exchange 2010. All the Arbitration mailboxes have been moved to Exchange 2013 but not all the user mailboxes. Can we still use/create SharePoint 2013 Site Mailboxes?

On our SharePoint 2013 Farm followed the configuration for Site Mailboxes successfully it appears but when we go to create the first on on the Site we keep getting:

"We are having trouble connecting to Exchange Server

The server might be temporarily unavailable. Please check back on this page in a few minutes. If this problem persists, please contact your system administrator." Error Code 10.

I have seen other posts where Admins state that you can only be using Exchange 2013 native.

Any insight is appreciated.

John

Wednesday, March 19, 2014 9:25 PM

Answers

• Two things I had to do. One was to download and upgrade the Exchange API on the SharPoint server to EWS API 2.1.

The other was that I was using a Farm Administrator Account to login and try to create the Site mailbox. Once I changed the account to a Site Owner everything worked as it should.

John

Wednesday, March 26, 2014 5:42 PM