"Exchange needs your credentials. until then, you might see outdated info in Skype for business." RRS feed

• Question

• Ever since patch Tuesday this month (December 2015), I've had many users in my organization with the following warning in Lync 2013 / Skype for Business (Office 2013), "Exchange needs your credentials. until then, you might see outdated info in Skype for business.".

Google-fu is failing me, I was wondering if this has been pegged to a specific KB from this month's updates, and if this is wide spread. 

Friday, December 11, 2015 6:01 PM

Answers

• Thanks.

I uninstalled KB3039776, no effect on issue.

I had 3 instances of KB3114351 installed. I uninstalled 1 of them, then they all went away. Issue appears resolved. Although it prompted for a restart, I didn't restart and all has been well.

• Proposed as answer by Eric_YangK Wednesday, December 16, 2015 1:06 AM
    • Marked as answer by Eric_YangK Monday, January 4, 2016 8:08 AM
    Tuesday, December 15, 2015 3:10 PM
  • Hi Steve_654654,

Does the Lync client prompt the users to enter their credentials ?

If so, does the alert disappear after they entered their credentials ?

In addition, if Lync continues to prompt you for credentials after it has done this several times, please try to uninstall KB3039776 and KB3114351 to see if the issue still persists.

Best regards,

Eric

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 14, 2015 3:25 AM
  • Having the exact same issue, something is wrong with KB3114351.  It is listed three times in “Installed Updates” and when I uninstall one, the whole update seems to get removed.  But once the update is remove and I just restart Lync(Skype for Business) the error does not appear anymore.  This has been confirmed on many of our computers that had this update installed.

Just as a note; we are on Exchange 2010 SP3, Lync 2013 Server and using Office 2013.  This problem is the same regardless of 32 or 64 bit office.  Wish there was a way to report Windows Update issues without using up support incidents.

Thanks for your Help!

• Marked as answer by Eric_YangK Monday, January 4, 2016 8:09 AM
    Wednesday, December 16, 2015 2:57 PM

All replies

• Hi Steve_654654,

Does the Lync client prompt the users to enter their credentials ?

If so, does the alert disappear after they entered their credentials ?

In addition, if Lync continues to prompt you for credentials after it has done this several times, please try to uninstall KB3039776 and KB3114351 to see if the issue still persists.

Best regards,

Eric

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 14, 2015 3:25 AM
  • Also if you recently put your Exchange servers behind a load balancer see this link. To show you how to turn off persistence.

Regards Habib Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you. http://blog.wavecoreit.com

Monday, December 14, 2015 2:05 PM
  • Thanks.

I uninstalled KB3039776, no effect on issue.

I had 3 instances of KB3114351 installed. I uninstalled 1 of them, then they all went away. Issue appears resolved. Although it prompted for a restart, I didn't restart and all has been well.

• Proposed as answer by Eric_YangK Wednesday, December 16, 2015 1:06 AM
    Tuesday, December 15, 2015 3:10 PM
  • Having the exact same issue, something is wrong with KB3114351.  It is listed three times in “Installed Updates” and when I uninstall one, the whole update seems to get removed.  But once the update is remove and I just restart Lync(Skype for Business) the error does not appear anymore.  This has been confirmed on many of our computers that had this update installed.

Just as a note; we are on Exchange 2010 SP3, Lync 2013 Server and using Office 2013.  This problem is the same regardless of 32 or 64 bit office.  Wish there was a way to report Windows Update issues without using up support incidents.

Thanks for your Help!

• Marked as answer by Eric_YangK Monday, January 4, 2016 8:09 AM
    Wednesday, December 16, 2015 2:57 PM
  • We are having this exact same issue in our environment where Lync is asking to enter exchange credentials and will not accept the credentials.  Removing KB3039776 and KB3114351 has fixed it on our workstations.

Wednesday, December 16, 2015 3:50 PM
  • Anyone have any recommendation for 365 users?  We're experiencing the same issue but don't seem able to remove individual updates with 365. 
    Monday, December 21, 2015 4:10 PM