clients in monitoring computers / discovered inventory RRS feed

• Question

• I still see clients in monitoring computers / discovered inventory. I don't know how to get rid of them.
    The pc's are not in the sce computer group in ad. They are not present in the computerpane. The agent is not installed.

How can i delete these computers. They are discoverd but do not belong in the monitoring pane because they are not monitored.
    I use SCE2007 SP1.

freddie
    Wednesday, January 7, 2009 12:40 PM

Answers

• Hi freddie,

Please open the WSUS console on your SCE server, if you found the problematic client, delete it in WSUS console, restart the server, then check whether the client still exist in SCE console

• Marked as answer by Eric Zhang CHN Monday, January 19, 2009 12:30 PM
    Friday, January 9, 2009 10:37 AM

All replies

• Freddie,
    Check the Administration pane under Device Management. They will probably appear under Agent Managed or Pending Management. You can delete them from there.
    Tim
    Tim Vander Kooi
    Wednesday, January 7, 2009 8:59 PM
  • Thats the strange thing. They also do not appear in the administration pane. This is to my opinion because they are not managed. The agent is not installed...

freddie
    Thursday, January 8, 2009 7:53 AM
  • Hi freddie,

Please open the WSUS console on your SCE server, if you found the problematic client, delete it in WSUS console, restart the server, then check whether the client still exist in SCE console

• Marked as answer by Eric Zhang CHN Monday, January 19, 2009 12:30 PM
    Friday, January 9, 2009 10:37 AM
  • I am sorry, what do you mean by WSUS console?

Is that system centre essentials console? because here i cannot delete them.

The server where system centre is installed is also WSUS.

freddie
    Monday, January 12, 2009 7:47 AM
  • Hi freddie,

Please go to control panel on your SCE server, choose "Administrative tools", open "Microsoft Windows Server Update Services 3.0 SP1"
    Monday, January 12, 2009 9:49 AM
  • Tim,

I have found it. In the screen i looked for the computers, also with the search function, but they cannot be found.

Maybe the server must be restarted anyway.

freddie
    Tuesday, January 13, 2009 12:36 PM