Transport Rule for Mail-Enabled Public Folder RRS feed

• Question

• I have a term employee whose mailbox has been setup as a mail-enabled public folder. Mail flows into the mailbox fine; I would like to create a transport rule to redirect mail sent to the user's email address to another user and have a message sent to the sender telling them the mailbox nolonger accepts incoming messages. Is this possible? If so, how would I create such a rule?

Thanks,
    Monday, November 2, 2009 3:21 PM

Answers

• I wouldnt do that. Auto-replies create mail loops and responding to spoofed senders will land you on blacklists that will get your sending ip blocked.
    Personally, I would simply add the old SMTP address of the terminated user to the other user's mailbox and then create a rule in Outlook that flags it with a certain catagory or moves it into a another folder within that mailbox based on the TO: in the internet header. Then let the new user handle the message or respond if necessary.

Otherwise, simply remove that SMTP address and let those messages inbound bounce to the sender if you dont want them to use that addres - or continue to use the mail-enabled pf and let the other user handle any messages there as required.
    • Proposed as answer by Alan.Gim Tuesday, November 3, 2009 5:39 AM
    • Marked as answer by Alan.Gim Monday, November 9, 2009 12:57 AM
    Monday, November 2, 2009 4:15 PM