none
How to change the title in the opened tab in IE11? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I want to change the title of the opened tab of IE11 to (Page name - Internet Explorer) instead of Page name only.

Wednesday, May 18, 2016 9:03 AM

Answers

• Hi,

you cannot do that on Win8x or higher as there is no legacy Classic Windows theme. Corporate branding settings in legacy GPO profiles are ignored.

Right click on the desktop and select personalize from the context menu and select Classic windows theme for your desktop if it is available.

Regards.

Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10 and Internet Explorer 11 for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions. If you are a consumer looking for answers or to raise a question, it's highly recommended you head on over to http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

Rob^_^

Thursday, May 19, 2016 1:35 AM
  • Hi MHSK,

After my test, I’m afraid we could not change the tab titles by IE configuration.

Since a page title is important as it appears in the browser tab as well as IE search results. These titles that are unique and relevant to the content of the pages.

It is by design and related to webpage code. We could not perform the task in IE except the site designer.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, May 19, 2016 11:01 AM

All replies

• Hi,

you cannot do that on Win8x or higher as there is no legacy Classic Windows theme. Corporate branding settings in legacy GPO profiles are ignored.

Right click on the desktop and select personalize from the context menu and select Classic windows theme for your desktop if it is available.

Regards.

Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10 and Internet Explorer 11 for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions. If you are a consumer looking for answers or to raise a question, it's highly recommended you head on over to http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

Rob^_^

Thursday, May 19, 2016 1:35 AM
  • to change the title of the opened tab of IE

Press F12 and then in the Developer Tools Command line enter:  document.title="{your title test}";

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Thursday, May 19, 2016 1:42 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi MHSK,

After my test, I’m afraid we could not change the tab titles by IE configuration.

Since a page title is important as it appears in the browser tab as well as IE search results. These titles that are unique and relevant to the content of the pages.

It is by design and related to webpage code. We could not perform the task in IE except the site designer.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, May 19, 2016 11:01 AM