none
Task Sequence - OS Settings without value RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

I'm about to install a Deployment Server in our company and need your help. I've never worked with a Deployment Server before, so I do not have much experience with that.

We would like to use the deployment server for preinstalling different operating systems. The operating systems will be installed on cash systems. The cash systems will then be sent to our customers. For this I would like to skip the section "OS Settings" or leave it free, so that at delivery and first installation, the customer can enter the datas by himself. I would also like that the customer create an user by himself so that this section is also skipped

Is this possible during the deployment or in any other way? Is this maybe possible within a task sequence?
    Have somebody already experience with that?

Thank you in advance for your advice

Regards

Monday, November 27, 2017 11:58 AM

All replies

• Not that I've ever been in this boat, but generally speaking you would need to reseal your installation and configure it to boot to OOBE (e.g. run Sysprep with /generalize /oobe parameters). MDT is already capable of doing that if you add following line to CustomSettings.ini:

DoCapture=SYSPREP

I am not aware of any other way to achieve what you are looking for.

Cheers,
    Anton

Vacuum Breather Blog | Wing Commander Saga | Twitter

Note: Posts are provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. If posts are helpful please don't forget to rate them as "Helpful" or as "Answer".

Monday, November 27, 2017 12:07 PM
  • Not that I've ever been in this boat, but generally speaking you would need to reseal your installation and configure it to boot to OOBE (e.g. run Sysprep with /generalize /oobe parameters). MDT is already capable of doing that if you add following line to CustomSettings.ini:

DoCapture=SYSPREP

I am not aware of any other way to achieve what you are looking for.

Cheers,
    Anton

Hi Anton,

thank you for the reply. I'm sorry that it took me so long to answer. My CustomSettings.ini should be look like this:

[Settings]
    Priority=Default
    Properties=MyCustomProperty

[Default]
    OSInstall=Y
    SkipCapture=NO
    SkipAdminPassword=YES
    SpikProductKey=YES
    SkipComputerBackup=YES
    SkipBitLocker=YES
    SkipJoinWorkgroup=YES
    UserID=Administrator