none
MS Project Pro 2007 - Remaining Tasks by Resource Report? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Is there a report or view that can be set up to show the remaining tasks by resource(s) in a project? This report would summarize any incomplete tasks by resource. Project Managers at my company want to be able to share/report the remaining takss with their assigned resources without getting a report with all tasks listed. I am looking to generate a report that shows only the tasks assigned to the resource(s) that are not complete. Is there a way to do this? the out-of-the box reports in Project do not elimnate the completed tasks. Am I missing something? Any help would be much appreciated!

Thank you!

Monday, March 26, 2012 7:34 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Brian's suggestion will work if and when there are no tasks with more than one resoruce assigned (it groups by resource names and a combination of several resoruces like John,Jane is treated like an extra resource called John, Jane :-)

If you have tasks with more than one reosurce attached you should start from the Resource  Usage view and

- either insert the column % Work Complete, then auto filter on it for walues less than 100%

- Or create a custom filter for values of % Work Complete not equal to 100%.

Hope this helps,

Tuesday, March 27, 2012 8:12 AM

All replies

• Out of the box Project has a filter called Incomplete Tasks and it has a Group called 'Resource'. Create a new Gantt Chart view. specify the Incomplete Tasks filter and the Resource Group for this new view.

That should give you what you want.

Brian Kennemer – DeltaBahn Senior Architect
    endlessly obsessing about Project Server…so that you don’t have to.
    Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

Monday, March 26, 2012 8:03 PM
  • Thanks Brian! I'll give that a try.
    Monday, March 26, 2012 8:09 PM
  • Hi,

Brian's suggestion will work if and when there are no tasks with more than one resoruce assigned (it groups by resource names and a combination of several resoruces like John,Jane is treated like an extra resource called John, Jane :-)

If you have tasks with more than one reosurce attached you should start from the Resource  Usage view and

- either insert the column % Work Complete, then auto filter on it for walues less than 100%

- Or create a custom filter for values of % Work Complete not equal to 100%.

Hope this helps,

Tuesday, March 27, 2012 8:12 AM
  • Thanks Jan! I will look into that as well because many tasks in our projects have momre than one resource assigned to them.

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 7:46 PM