Why Does Windows Explorer Insist on Columns for Artists, Album, Genre, #, and Rating - Even for Non-Music Folders ?!? RRS feed

• Question

• It's seems that every time I open a folder in Windows Explorer it has the columns mentioned in the subject/title.  This is true for folders/directories which don't have and have never had an mp3 or any other kind of media file.  I can't prove it but I think that these columns return to a directory/folder even after I have removed them.  I also see the Play all button but most of my folders have nothing to play.

This is really frustrating.  I'd appreciate any help anyone can offer.

Thanks,  Bob

Friday, May 27, 2011 5:48 PM

Answers

• Hi,

In Windows Explorer, click on View on the upper-left side, Choose Details...... Please uncheck the box before the columns you mentioned above.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Monday, May 30, 2011 9:52 AM

All replies

• Hi,

In Windows Explorer, click on View on the upper-left side, Choose Details...... Please uncheck the box before the columns you mentioned above.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Monday, May 30, 2011 9:52 AM
  • Thanks Magon.  I know how to change which columns are displayed.  But new directories show inappropriate columns.  I just created a new VS project, and one of the directories it created, but not all of them, has columns for Date Taken, Tags, and Rating.  VS is usually the source of new directories on my system.  Is this a VS problem?

Thanks,  Bob

Monday, May 30, 2011 2:37 PM
  • Hi Bob,

Thank for replying.

From your description, it seems more like a VS related issue. This inquiry would best be posted to VB forum:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/visualstudio

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.  Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Tuesday, May 31, 2011 3:42 AM