none
Microsoft Project 2010 and 2013 with Multiple Monitors RRS feed

• Question

• I use 2010 at work and 2013 at home.  In both locations I have multiple monitors (2 at work and 3 at home).  Is there a way to separate the Gantt Chart from the Task list into separate windows (linked of course) so I can place them on separate monitors?

Thank you,

Michael

Thursday, May 15, 2014 2:01 PM

Answers

• Hi Michael,

Unfortunately you cannot do that in a simple way, since you cannot have the same project opened twice in each screens of an extended desktop.

The only way I see is to extend your desktop to the 2 screens and increase the width of the MS Project window. Finally set the separator between the task grid and Gantt chart in between your 2 screens.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MCP, MCTS |

• Marked as answer by jastrow Thursday, May 15, 2014 3:19 PM
    Thursday, May 15, 2014 2:06 PM

All replies

• Hi Michael,

Unfortunately you cannot do that in a simple way, since you cannot have the same project opened twice in each screens of an extended desktop.

The only way I see is to extend your desktop to the 2 screens and increase the width of the MS Project window. Finally set the separator between the task grid and Gantt chart in between your 2 screens.

Hope this helps,

• Marked as answer by jastrow Thursday, May 15, 2014 3:19 PM
    Thursday, May 15, 2014 2:06 PM
  • It does.  I had hoped that from 2007 to 2010 and beyond that this might be a feature.  Sure would be a nice feature in a future version.

Thank you,

Michael

Thursday, May 15, 2014 2:56 PM
  • Indeed you're right. Having large project plans makes easier to work on multiple screens.

Please mark the reply as an answer so users with the same concern can refer to this thread.

Hope this helps,

Thursday, May 15, 2014 2:58 PM
  • It does.  I had hoped that from 2007 to 2010 and beyond that this might be a feature.  Sure would be a nice feature in a future version.

Thank you,

Michael

Also see this:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2010-project/how-to-open-2-instances-of-microsoft-project-2010/8c2e17ea-3a3f-433d-ae0b-ec5ca38111fe

Thursday, May 15, 2014 4:34 PM
  • Hi Rouyre, 

Thanks a lot it works in Ms Project 2013. Does in new version of MS project any new feature to split the task grid and Gantt chart on multiple screens,

BR, Shobhit

Shobhit Agarwal

Wednesday, April 11, 2018 6:06 AM