S4B Online Multi-Region User Tenants RRS feed

• Question

• My customer with a USA hosted Tenant has acquired a European company and would like to also have them use S4B Online. Around Sept 16 there was an announcement that this would soon be possible. 

So is it possible or when will it be possible to have users distributed across multiple Office 365 Data Centres ? (to provide much better media quality by reduced latency)

Monday, January 16, 2017 6:52 PM

Answers

• Hi Keith,

This is coming to Office365 but is not here yet, for SfB you can have regionally hosted meetings which will allow you to have a single office 365 tenant and as an admin home users in different regional datacentres, so you home users as local as possible to office location to reduce the latency on media traffic. You can also take advantage or Microsoft backbone between their DCs to optimize traffic.

I wrote a blog post on this which may be of interest.

https://ucmart.uk/2016/11/17/regionally-hosted-meetings-microsoft-skype-meeting-broadcast-summary/

Hope this helps

Martin

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". Thank you. This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.

• Marked as answer by Keith Fulcher Tuesday, January 17, 2017 12:32 PM
    Tuesday, January 17, 2017 12:16 PM

All replies

• Hi Keith,

Welcome to our forum.

we access office 365 from a specific office 365 data center, not from multiple office 365 data center. However, the data will be replicated to another data center or high availability: 
    https://www.microsoft.com/online/legal/v2/?docid=25&langid=en-us 

If there are any questions or issues, please be free to let me know.

Best Regards,
    Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    • Edited by jim-xu Tuesday, January 17, 2017 7:12 AM
    Tuesday, January 17, 2017 7:11 AM
  • Hi Jim,  

I am not referring to the data replication but rather the user homing. Example US Comppany with one office in Paris. It would be dumb if the signaling and media had to travel all the way to the US. Is there currently a way to assign users to different regions (like pools). 

Tuesday, January 17, 2017 8:18 AM
  • Hi Keith,

This is coming to Office365 but is not here yet, for SfB you can have regionally hosted meetings which will allow you to have a single office 365 tenant and as an admin home users in different regional datacentres, so you home users as local as possible to office location to reduce the latency on media traffic. You can also take advantage or Microsoft backbone between their DCs to optimize traffic.

I wrote a blog post on this which may be of interest.

https://ucmart.uk/2016/11/17/regionally-hosted-meetings-microsoft-skype-meeting-broadcast-summary/

Hope this helps

Martin

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". Thank you. This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.

• Marked as answer by Keith Fulcher Tuesday, January 17, 2017 12:32 PM
    Tuesday, January 17, 2017 12:16 PM
  • Hi Keith,

Thanks for your back and mark Martin’s reply as answer, this is helpful to someone who has similar issue could find this thread as soon as possible.

Best Regards,
    Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 7, 2017 8:08 AM
  • Hi Martin, Thanks! Do we need any additional license for RHM, as for Multi-geo there is a separate license
    Thursday, May 10, 2018 9:25 AM