SPD- Server unexpectedly closed the connection RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Friends

I suddently facing issue while i try to open already working site in sharepoint designer 2010. while i  try connect ,SPD takes some 2-3 minutes and then messagebox saying "server unexpectedly closed the connection"

I  was able to connect same before 2 days.

Even, I am not able to connect same sharepoint site to any extarnal UI's like sharepoints and SPD ofcource.

Seems like its services's issue. also, when user try to open 3-4 MB word file from document library, its takes 2-3 mins to open and save back.

Sharepoing site's content is 23 GB currently, so is this creating issue ?. This is less happing reason as i am not able to open other sites with less in content's size.

What could be the reason...? please help me.

Monday, June 11, 2012 4:37 PM

All replies

• Hello Friends

Some more information which might help you to understand problem.

I checked with fiddler, and found that when i am trying to access http://server//_vti_bin/shtml.dll/_vti_rpc , its faills and response is 401 un authorised.

means word,excel,infopath,workspace and ofcource SPD etc, are ultimately access this service and finally none of seems to working.

From above information we can we conclude anything ?

Thursday, June 14, 2012 6:47 PM
  • Hello,

did you find solution? If it's still actual, please follow discussion in this similar topic and let us know.

Monday, November 19, 2012 1:04 PM
  • Hi,

I believe, this is duplicate thread. If it's a duplicate thread, moderator can you please merge it with http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sharepointcustomizationprevious/thread/24c884ce-fe4a-4340-a866-ba0b738c98fd

Sekar - Our life is short, so help others to grow

Whenever you see a reply and if you think is helpful, click "Alternate TextVote As Helpful"! And whenever you see a reply being an answer to the question of the thread, click "Alternate TextMark As Answer

Monday, November 19, 2012 1:18 PM