we couldn't reach ... to send this message RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I recently started working for a company that uses Skype for Business. This was already installed on my computer when I received it.

When I started adding my collegues as contacts I saw half of them got the status 'Presence unknow'. When I try to IM them they do not receive the message and I get the text 'We couldn't reach -Contacts name- to send this message'. 

Their contact details are correct and when they want to IM me they are able to reach me (just not the way around).

Thanks in advance for the answers!

Friday, March 31, 2017 9:49 AM

All replies

• Hi PJKey,

For this issue, please try the following troubleshooting steps:
    1. Please check if the issue appeared on all SFB client in your environment.
    2. Try to delete SFB cache files and test again: %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Lync\sip_UserName@Domain.com
    3. Make sure your SFB client with the latest update.
    4. For SFB server side, please try to run the command line: Update-CsAddressBook

After try the  suggestions above, if the issue persists, please contact us.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Thursday, April 6, 2017 9:42 AM
    Monday, April 3, 2017 1:42 AM
  • Hi Alice,

I can not find the cache files or the folders you suggested. I've installed the latest version of SFB.

Monday, April 10, 2017 10:55 AM
  • For the newest version of Skype for Business, you'd need to look here: %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Lync\sip_UserName@Domain.com
    Monday, April 10, 2017 5:05 PM