Windows 2003R2 Server (English) with Windows 7 Pro 64 Bits (Dutch) and roaming profiles RRS feed

• Question

• Good morning,

I have a very strange problem. Within the Group Policy, I want to redirect my documents to a share on the server. I've checked everything and it seems to be ok. I also ran gpupdate /force. Everything seems fine, but the folders aren't redirected. In the destination folder, the folder my documents is created, but no files are redirected.

The only thing I can think of is the difference in language. The client being Dutch and the Server English. But that shouldn't be a problem. I couldn't find anything on the web to help me fix this problem. I hope you can help me. Thanks for the support.

Friday, October 21, 2011 12:44 PM

Answers

• are the client machine connected to the server? usually that sort of setup needs active directory

Windows MVP 2010-11, XP, Vista, 7. Expanding into Windows Server 2008 R2, SQL Server, SharePoint, Cloud, Virtualization etc. etc.

Hardcore Games, Legendary is the only Way to Play

Developer | Windows IT | Chess | Economics | Vegan Advocate | PC Reviews

• Marked as answer by Niki Han Friday, November 4, 2011 3:12 AM
    Saturday, October 22, 2011 11:11 PM
  • Hi,

Please understand the issue is related to server, I suggest posting in Server Forum to get better assistance.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/pl-PL/winserverGP/threads

Meanwhile, you can check the responding registry of folder redirection.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Explorer/User Shell Folders

See if the corresponding values such as 'My Videos' are pointing towards their respective directories. (Such as \\server\%username%\My Videos)

Best Regards,

Niki

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Niki Han Wednesday, November 2, 2011 9:01 AM
    Tuesday, October 25, 2011 9:30 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please understand the issue is related to server, I suggest posting in Server Forum to get better assistance.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/pl-PL/winserverGP/threads

Meanwhile, you can check the responding registry of folder redirection.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Explorer/User Shell Folders

See if the corresponding values such as 'My Videos' are pointing towards their respective directories. (Such as \\server\%username%\My Videos)

Best Regards,

Niki

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Niki Han Wednesday, November 2, 2011 9:01 AM
    Tuesday, October 25, 2011 9:30 AM