Internet Explorer 11 RRS feed

• Question

• Computer locks up and phone numbers appear on Microsoft background suggestion I call immediately because my personal data is at risk and my network is compromised. My question is does Microsoft actually have this action in place and are these techs legit ?
    Wednesday, June 29, 2016 11:15 PM

All replies

• This sounds like a scam that is going around. Do not call the number on the web site. Contact a reputable computer repair company or someone you trust to help with this. There is a scam like this where you call and let them on your PC. They really mess It up and then ask for hundreds of dollars to fix it. Microsoft support does not works that way.

Please remember to select Mark as Answer if someone provides the answer or mark as helpful if the response helps to lead you in the right direction.

Wednesday, June 29, 2016 11:36 PM
  • Hi Gregory 925,

According to your description, Microsoft wouldn’t have the action to harm your security. As Larry King MCTS said, it is like a scam. If there are such problems occur, I suggest that we could check the information from the Microsoft official telephone calls. Please refer to the link below.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/gp/customer-service-phone-numbers/en-us?wa=wsignin1.0

For your safety, please don’t believe the cold calling. If you want some help, please contact the official support.

Hope it will be helpful to you.

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, June 30, 2016 8:47 AM