none
Lync 2013 to Skype for Business Online Migration RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

We are planning to migrate our Users from Lync 2013 on premise servers to Skype for Business Online. We have Sonus SBA installed in multiple locations for PSTN break out. In most of the locations, PSTN Calling feature provided by Microsoft is not available. Hence we are planning to retain the Sonus SBAs in the branch sites. As per the below given TechNet link, we should have Skype for Business Servers in the topology , before migrating Users to SFB online. This is required to support the Cloud PBX with local PSTN connectivity.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt455212.aspx , Can anyone please confirm whether my understanding is correct or not? If my understanding is right, then we will plan for a in-place upgrade with Lync 2013 Servers.

Also, currently we have 3 Lync 2013 FEs ,2 Lync 2013 Edge servers and SQL servers with Mirroring our environment. Can anyone please confirm on how many Skype for Business Server 2015 will be procured for this in-place upgrade. Also, please let me know if there is a need of upgrading the SQL Server.

Thanks and Regards,

AJ

Thursday, June 29, 2017 11:46 AM

All replies