none
Unable to download installable for Standalone MS Word 2019 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have purchased the Standalone MS word 2019 volume license and downloaded click to run setup from volume licensing portal.

However this setup is not working and MS technical support is also not able assist on installable setup. 

Can someone please assist me from where I get installable for Standalone Word 2019

Regards,

Vinod

Thursday, July 4, 2019 9:24 AM

All replies

• Hi,

<<… We have purchased the Standalone MS word 2019 volume license and downloaded click to run setup from volume licensing portal.

Do you mean you only have purchased Standalone Word 2019 but not Office 2019?  As far as I know, to configure and perform deployments of volume licensed versions of Office 2019, you should use the Office Deployment Tool (ODT).

The Office Deployment Tool is a free download from the Microsoft Download Center. We recommend that you always download and use the most current version of the ODT.

Did you use ODT to deployment Word 2019 volume license? If not, could you post the website link that you “downloaded click to run setup from volume licensing portal” here?

<<…However this setup is not working…

Is there any error code? Have you installed any other versions of Office before?

Please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Bella Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to shareexplore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019. 

Friday, July 5, 2019 5:46 AM
  • Hi,

Yes, We have purchased Only Word 2019 Volume license.

After downloading click to run setup from VLSC and ran the setup.

But there is on error, its automatically getting close.

and nothing moving ahead.

Please advise

Regards,

Vinod

Monday, July 8, 2019 6:33 AM
  • Hi Vinod,

Thanks for your responding.

Since I don't have an account to log in to VLSC,  I can't test whether the Word 2019 VL which you download is a .exe application or configuration.xml file to install.  Could you post a screenshot here?

<<...But there is on error, its automatically getting close.

When did this happen? Have you installed Word 2019 VL successful but fail to open it?

Have you installed other version of Office on your computer?

Please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Bella Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to shareexplore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019. 

Monday, July 8, 2019 2:46 PM
  • Hello,

This is first time, We are trying this is on fresh system which don't have any office installed.

Having said that there is no error.

I hve downloaded Office_Deployment_Tools_2019_-3_MLF_X22-09817 from VLSC site after extracting running the setup but its getting kicked off without any error.

Regards,

Vinod

Tuesday, July 9, 2019 11:54 AM
  • Hi Vinod,

Thanks for reply.

It seems like you use ODT to install Word 2019. If you use ODT installation technology, you will see such an extracting file after downloading:

In this case, you need user command to install Word 2019. Please refer to the following steps:

1. Open the “Command Prompt” with administrator privileges.

2. For example, if you save ODT in the path: C:\download\ODT. run the ODT executable in download mode and with a reference to the configuration file:

C:\download\ODT\setup.exe /download configuration.xml

The files should begin downloading immediately.

3. After the download is complete, run the following command from a command prompt with admin privileges to install Office 365:

C:\download\ODT\setup.exe /configure configuration.xml

For more information, refer to: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/deployoffice/office2019/deploy

But I am not sure if this is the case, nor is it clear about your configuration file syntax. If so, please open the configuration.xml file with NotePad, and post the syntax here to let us know the further details.

Note that if there was any product key or other key in the syntax, remember to remove them before publishing. Such as PIDKEY="*****-*****-*****-*****-*****"

Anything unclear, feel free to post back.

Regards,

Bella Wu

Wednesday, July 10, 2019 9:42 AM
  • Hello Bello,

we are using following configuration file,

<Configuration>
      <Add OfficeClientEdition="64" Channel="Monthly">
        <Product ID="Word2019Volume">
          <Language ID="en-us" />
        </Product>   
      </Add>
      <!--  <Updates Enabled="TRUE" Channel="Monthly" /> -->
      <!--  <Display Level="None" AcceptEULA="TRUE" />  -->
      <!--  <Property Name="AUTOACTIVATE" Value="1" />  -->

</Configuration>

but its didn't help, could you let me know if is any changes needs to be done in configuration file.

OR any other way we can download setup for Word 2019

Regards,

Vinod

Thursday, July 11, 2019 9:54 AM
  • Hi Vinod,

Since Office 2019 doesn't has "Monthly" update channel, you can try change the configuration file to the following to see if it helped:

<Configuration>
      <Add OfficeClientEdition="64" Channel="PerpetualVL2019">
      <Product ID="Word2019Volume"  PIDKEY="#####-#####-#####-#####-#####">
      <Language ID="en-us" />
      </Product>   
      </Add>
      <!--  <Updates Enabled="TRUE" Channel=" PerpetualVL2019" /> -->
      <!--  <Display Level="None" AcceptEULA="TRUE" />  -->
      <!--  <Property Name="AUTOACTIVATE" Value="1" />  -->
    </Configuration>

Please note that if you want to make it accept updates, try changing the configuration file like this:

<Configuration>
      <Add OfficeClientEdition="64" Channel="PerpetualVL2019">
      <Product ID="Word2019Volume"  PIDKEY="#####-#####-#####-#####-#####">
      <Language ID="en-us" />
      </Product>   
      </Add>
      <Updates Enabled="TRUE" Channel=" PerpetualVL2019" /> 
      <Display Level="None" AcceptEULA="TRUE" /> 
     <Property Name="AUTOACTIVATE" Value="1" /> 
    </Configuration>

Please refer to my last post reply, following the steps to install it with ODT.

Anything unclear, feel free to post back.

Regards,

Bella Wu

Thursday, July 11, 2019 10:22 AM
  • thanks a lot!!

its works

Regards,

Vinod

Tuesday, July 16, 2019 12:07 PM
  • Hi Vinod,

I'm glad to see the problem has been solved.

To help close this thread, please mark my reply above as an answer, it also help others who have similar issues in this forum.

Thanks for your kind understanding. Have a nice day!

Regards,

Bella Wu

Tuesday, July 16, 2019 1:48 PM
  • Hi Vinod,

I'm checking the status about this thread. Since your problem had been solved, please mark my reply as an answer.

Thanks for your kind understanding. Have a nice day!

Regards,

Bella Wu

Monday, July 22, 2019 2:44 AM