none
class not registered RRS feed

• Question

• I am running windows 10.  After a required up date a week ago my m.s. edge quit working and when I am in my email I can't access links to other web sights by clicking on the link.  Instead of going to the web sight, I get a class not registered message. I didn't have these problems before the update from Microsoft.  What's going on and how do I fix it? 
    Monday, March 7, 2016 9:00 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

At first, please try restart Windows Explorer. Open Task Manager and find out Windows Explorer, click restart. If this way doesn’t work, we need to consider other methods.

Then, check the Internet Explorer ETW Collector Service’s status, make sure it is running.

Besides, there is a similar case introduces other methods, you could refer to it. R-register the Windows Store apps is worth considering.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/591645/i-keep-getting-the-class-not-registered-error/

In fact, since problem occurred recently, you could restore system to a previous normal state, then update again to see if can fix the problem. This link below can give you a guide.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/windows-10-recovery-options

Also, if you can ensure which update result in current situation, try uninstall it to see the result.

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Hope my clarification is clear.

Best regards,

Teemo Tang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 9, 2016 5:57 AM
  • Hi,

Please allow me to add one more point, we suggest to configure IE browser as default browser. If it's convenient to you, please have a try.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 9, 2016 6:04 AM