Error Installing Disk Protection RRS feed

• Question

• I have attempted to install Disk Protection on a Dell GX270 and GX280 system. Both systems are running Windows XP PS2. In each case the instllation started normally. The progress bar advanced in 3 or 4 steps to about 75%. A message was being displayed that was "Creating cache file". Then the progress bar jumped to about 90% complete and a different message was displayed for about a half a second. I believe it says "Installing Driver" but it flashes so quickly I am not sertain that is the message. A message box is then dispayed stating that "Windows Disk Protection installation was not sucessfull". The whole sequence takes about 2 minutes.

Each system has about 10-12 gig of unused space on the drive. In addation, one of the systems has about 10 gig of unallocated space on the drive. I defraged each drive immediatly before attempting to install Disk protecdtion. The account on the system I was logged in as has administrative rights. There isn't anything in the Event Logs except notifications that Windows Disk protection is being installed, that it is being enabled, and being disabled.

Any ideas what am I missing?

Thursday, May 15, 2008 6:36 PM

Answers