Installing exchange 2010 sp1 on windows 2012? RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Sir,

Now, i can download exchange 2010 sp1 in Microsoft Volume Licensing Service Cente.  I want to planning installing exchange 2010 sp1 on windows 2012 and then update the exchange 2010 sp1 to sp3 .  is it ok?

Regards,

Edmund Lau

Monday, May 29, 2017 8:52 AM

All replies

• In addition to above, you can also check this another article which covers the necessary prerequisites to upgrade from Exchange 2010 SP1 to SP3 - https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb629560(v=exchg.141).aspx
    Tuesday, May 30, 2017 9:32 AM
  • Hi Edmund,

I'm afraid not. Windows server 2012 OS platform only supports Exchange 2010 SP3, not support SP1. 

We can also refer to the SP1 supported OS:

Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 1 (SP1)

Supported Operating System

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 Enterprise, Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise, Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard, Windows Vista 64-bit Editions Service Pack 1.

--------------------

However, because Service Packs are cumulative – they include all fixes included in previous RUs and service packs, it's recommended to install SP3 on windows server 2012 directly.

Best Regards,

Niko Cheng
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, May 31, 2017 8:32 AM
  • I would recommend to install Sp3 directly, instead of first installing sp1 and then updating to sp3.
    Wednesday, May 31, 2017 11:15 AM
  • Hi Edmund,

I'm just writing to check how's everything going? If you have any questions or needed further help on this issue, please feel free to post back. If the issue has been resolved, please mark the helpful replies as answers, this will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Niko Cheng

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, June 6, 2017 2:20 AM
  • Hi Edmund,

Is there any update on this thread?

Best Regards,

Niko Cheng

Tuesday, June 20, 2017 2:08 AM