none
How to block Mobile/Cell phone mass storage devices?

Question

• I have Server 2012 Domain services installed and GPO is configured for my clients to not to use any mass storage devices like pen drive or usb disks. I got shocked when one of my user plugged his cell phone and got his phone installed as mass storage device and then he was able to copy/move his data to his cell phone. When we put usb disk my policy works great even with usb hard disk but cell storage bypass this policy. Can you please guide me to block cell phone storage via gpo?
    Thursday, June 02, 2016 8:41 AM

Answers

• Hi Zeebaluch,

Thanks for your post.

If you want to block mobile phone, you could configure the setting WPD Devices: Deny read access and WPD Devices: Deny write access.

You could configure the setting under computer configuration and user configuration.

For more information, you could refer to the article below.

Device Management and Installation Step-by-Step Guide: Controlling Device Driver Installation and Usage with Group Policy

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc731387(v=ws.10).aspx

Best Regards,

Jay

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, June 03, 2016 8:52 AM