allow page locks RRS feed

• Question

• All I'm a SQL DBA and we have just had a sharepoint installation completed, when we put our standard maintenance on to the system we receive the following. Is it acceptable to enable the allow page lock before running the maintenance and disabling after or is their a sharepoint patch to change the index properties?

Msg 2552, Level 16, State 1, Line 1

The index "IX_WABestBetUsageAggregationByDate_AggregationId_IncludeSubSites_DateId" (partition 1) on table "WABestBetUsageAggregationByDate" cannot be reorganized because page level locking is disabled.

Wednesday, December 21, 2011 1:43 PM

All replies

• Hi Kencokid,

You can use alter statement to resolve this issue.

Back up databases before you make changes to databases in SharePoint.

And then execute ALTER INDEX [IX_WABestBetUsageAggregationByDate_AggregationId_IncludeSubSites_DateId]

ON [dbo].[WABestBetUsageAggregationByDate] SET (ALLOW_PAGE_LOCKS=ON)

before you running the maintenance and change ON to OFF after.

There is no a SharePoint patch to change the index properties. Support for changes to the databases that are used by Office server products and by Windows SharePoint Services, details please refer to: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/841057

Please let we know whether it work when you feel free.

Thanks!

Regards, Rock Wang Microsoft Online Community Support
    Thursday, December 22, 2011 7:23 AM
  • Hello Rock,

That is what I've written a script to alter the indexes before I run the maintenance and after. Will it invalidate any support though?

Thanks for the prompt response much appreciated.

kk

Thursday, December 22, 2011 7:32 AM
  • Hi,

Since your issue is related to SQL server product, I suggest that you open a new case in this forum for a quick solution.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/sqlserver

Thanks,

Rock Wang

Regards, Rock Wang Microsoft Online Community Support
    Thursday, December 22, 2011 9:52 AM
  • Thank you very much Rock have a great Christmas.
    Thursday, December 22, 2011 9:59 AM