none
LIBRARIES AND SQL RRS feed

All replies

• Hi Chris,

I apologize that I am unclear as to the precise nature of this issue. Is the issue related to Windows SteadyState? If so, what issue has been encountered?

As this forum mainly focus on SteadyState issues, you can post this SQL inquiry to SQL Server newsgroup for further assistance:

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.sqlserver.server

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is that you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other customers who read the newsgroups regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.  Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Monday, August 13, 2007 8:22 AM

• Hi Shawn,

Sorry, I newbed this message, my other post included my asking if in the future
    we can use the steady state tool to talk to a SQL database, so library users
    can login with their name and library card number. The alternatives (for example,
    SAM or CybraryN) are expensive and take some time to setup correctly.
    Most libraries (in jersey anyway) use Innovative Millenium or Sirsi  (custom
    flavors of unix) for databases and it would be relatively easy to pull patron
    data from them.

Please let me know if you would like me to post this question on the SQL
    forum-

regards,

Chris
    Monday, August 13, 2007 10:14 PM
  • Hi Chris,

Thank you for your clarification. It is the same suggestion in the following thread, isn’t it?

http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsToolsandUtilities/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1997019&SiteID=69

Based on my experience, most libraries use websites to connect to the database. Users can view some general information about the library without credentials. If further actions are needed, they should log onto the system with their names or library card numbers. In order to ensure the security of the library, we can connect to the database using SteadyState. We will keep collecting users' feedback regarding the design so that we can improve SteadyState in our future version. Thank you again for bringing this suggestion to our attention and working closely with us.

Regards,

Tuesday, August 14, 2007 8:51 AM