Why won't my emails sync? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, this morning our new company email address that has been working for just over a month has stopped receiving emails. It sends outgoing emails but does not receive them. We have logged onto the server which is accessed via WebMail through domainmonster.com - a company that no longer seems to be in service, the WebMail feed is coming through very slowly, and there are limited settings. 

I have tried re-syncing access to our email address (the team access it through Outlook as it is easier for them) but it is not working. It is showing a large error message suggesting that it has timed out - after trying to alter the settings the box still does not let me select 'ok'.

I'd really appreciate it if someone could help me, thanks.

Tuesday, August 20, 2019 2:17 PM

All replies

• Hi Ritebike,

What's the type of your account on Outlook? POP, IMAP or Exchange?

>>Hi, this morning our new company email address that has been working for just over a month has stopped receiving emails. 
    Do you mean that your account configured on the Outlook client has stopped receiving emails? Can you receive messages on the web mail?

If you can't receive messages in Outlook client but can receive messages on web mail, then this should be a client issue. In this case, If you are using a PST file, try repairing the data file; And if you are using an .OST file as your default data file, try recreating the .OST file.

>>I have tried re-syncing access to our email address (the team access it through Outlook as it is easier for them) but it is not working. It is showing a large error message suggesting that it has timed out - after trying to alter the settings the box still does not let me select 'ok'.

How do you do this? Do you do this in Outlook client? Could you please provide me with the screenshot of the error message? (If you cannot put the screenshot here, you can upload it to OneDrive (https://onedrive.live.com/) and then share the link here. )

Any update, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, August 21, 2019 2:41 AM
  • Hi Ritebike,

Have you got the issue fixed?

Please try my suggestions and let me know the results.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, August 23, 2019 7:02 AM