none
Anonymous View Link - no sign in required downloads PDF instead of open in browser

Question

• I am sharing an anonymous View Link - no sign in required with external clients and instead of opening a PDF in the browser, it downloads the PDF and says save as instead. I can open the PDFs directly from the library and I can open other PDFs but not one sent using the view link or edit link.

I have checked the pdf add-in is enabled and other settings but I am now stumped. I would appreciate any responses that anyone can provide on this please? Thanks.

Tuesday, October 4, 2016 5:11 PM

All replies

• Hi LeePalmer,

For troubleshooting the issue, you could check things below:

1. Switch to Compatibility View in IE.

2. Delete browser history in IE.

3. Check if “Open in the browser” is selected in advanced settings in library settings.

More reference:

Troubleshoot viewing PDF files on the web.

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/cant-view-pdf-web.html

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, October 6, 2016 3:52 PM

• Hi LeePalmer,

How is everything going?

Is there anything update about this issue?

If the reply is helpful to you, you could mark the reply as answer. Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, October 19, 2016 7:13 AM