Update Loader stopped working RRS feed

• Question

• I have windows 7 Ultimate x64

Recently I have started receiving this error message when I start the computer that " Update Loader has stopped working"
    When I click on the check online for solution it starts looking for the solution but nothing happens. Is there any suggestion?
    Thanks
    Friday, July 1, 2011 11:41 AM

Answers

• Thank You Magon,

I haven't tried your solution, but I tried something else. This was causing by some tired party sofware running on my PC. The problem is fixed at the Moment but if it comes back I'll give it a go.

Thanks again for your reply.

Friday, July 8, 2011 11:55 AM

All replies

• ·       Hi,

I would suggest you to follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

Method 1:

First check windows update history to find the error code for the failed updates. Right click on the failed update and click on view.

Check for the updates that failed in Update history.

a. Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button. In the search box, type Update, and then, in the list of results, click Windows Update.

b. In the left pane, click View update history.

c. To view more information about an update, double-click it.

Method 2:

I would suggest you to resetWindows Update components and check if it helps. To do so run theFixitform the link provided below.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058

Method 3:

If the issue still persists I would suggest you to run theSystem Update Readiness Tool. Follow the troubleshooting steps provided in KB article below and check if it helps.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947821

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Tuesday, July 5, 2011 10:31 AM
  • Thank You Magon,

I haven't tried your solution, but I tried something else. This was causing by some tired party sofware running on my PC. The problem is fixed at the Moment but if it comes back I'll give it a go.

Thanks again for your reply.

Friday, July 8, 2011 11:55 AM
  • Thank you for upading the solution. Your time and effort is appreciated.

Best Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Monday, July 11, 2011 3:46 AM