none
Pop sound when items blocked RRS feed

• Question

• I am hearing an annoying midi "pop" sound which I believe is being generated from the security feature in IE8. At the same time I hear the sound, I see a flash over the security button at the bottom right of the window, between the security zone and zoom level buttons. I believe IE8 is generating a sound whenever a website is blocked. However I don't know this for a fact. The problem is when I click the security button, I cannot find an option for turning sound on or off. I have checked the advanced settings, and any options that I could see for sounds are deslected. I am at a loss for finding the source of this sound and how to turn it off. It will make this sound even when IE8 is closed. This is why I am not totally sure IE8 is generating the sound. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Monday, June 3, 2013 10:45 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Tools>Internet Options>Privacy tab, Popup blocker settings button

Some third party addons like the Google Toolbar and others have their own popup blockers... You don't need two, and sometimes they can interfere with the builtin IE Popup Blocker.

Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10 for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions. If you are a consumer looking for answers or to raise a question, it's highly recommended you head on over to http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

Rob^_^

Tuesday, June 4, 2013 5:12 AM