none
clearing deleted projects from project server 2010 security category lists RRS feed

• Question

• Our security model makes extensive use of security categories and the ability to select/deselect which projects are to be included in the category.  Overtime, projects are closed and subsequently deleted from the server (they are in the archive should we need to access them), however we've found that the project name remains in the category's project lists (available and/or selected). 

Is there a means to clear the non-existent projects from the category project lists?

Thanks in advance,

Dan 

Tuesday, August 21, 2018 12:48 PM

Answers

• Dan --

To the best of my knowledge, if a project is anywhere in the Project Server database, it will always appear in the Available Projects list in each security Category.  So, that means that is no way to clear the archived projects from the Available Projects list in security Categories.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

• Marked as answer by dfeigen115 Thursday, January 23, 2020 1:23 PM
    Tuesday, August 21, 2018 8:15 PM

All replies

• Dan --

To the best of my knowledge, if a project is anywhere in the Project Server database, it will always appear in the Available Projects list in each security Category.  So, that means that is no way to clear the archived projects from the Available Projects list in security Categories.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

• Marked as answer by dfeigen115 Thursday, January 23, 2020 1:23 PM
    Tuesday, August 21, 2018 8:15 PM
  • Thanks Dale - it might not be the answer I was hoping for, but it does answer the question.
    Tuesday, August 21, 2018 8:40 PM