none
DPMRA regularly crashes every two hours

Question

• On of our two DPM 2012 R2 (UR14) servers has suddenly started failing to create a recovery point, synchronise or consistency check datasources, but only at certain times of the day. There have been no Windows updates, patches or changes made to it on the date it started to fail.

I notice that DPMRA.exe regularly crashes every two hours with no apparent cause. Thus any jobs (usually large ones) taking place at that time fail immediately. The error is always as follows:

The protection agent on DPMSVR01 was temporarily unable to respond because it was in an unexpected state. (ID 60 Details: Internal error code: 0x809909B0)

I have looked through the event logs to see if there is anything happening around that time but can only see two SQL log backup jobs for ReportServer and Model, which I suspect are unrelated.

I exhausted all troubleshooting options so I rebuilt the server from the ground up, the only legacy components being the DPM database and the existing disk replicas. The problem remained.

I'm at my wits' end.
    Help.

See below for an example of the regularity:

• Edited by AndyChips Thursday, March 29, 2018 9:38 AM
    Thursday, March 29, 2018 8:08 AM

All replies