none
Unable to Share Network Folder by Group

Question

• I'm following instructions to add a group with permission to a specific shared folder on my Windows 2012 Server from here

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc726004(v=ws.11).aspx

I have several groups set up in my Computer Management > Local Users and Group > Groups.

When I navigate to Computer Management > Shared Folders > Shares I right click on a share that I want to add a group to. I am able to add individual users but when I click add under share permissions and search for a group it is not found.

Please assist.

Tuesday, March 07, 2017 4:41 PM

All replies

• Hi. In the Select Users and Group users dialog box -> Object Types you've selected Groups? Also in the From This Location you've selected the local server?
    Tuesday, March 07, 2017 8:42 PM
  • Hi,
    First of all, please check as Stu said.
    And as this is a group policy forum, do you meet some problem in group policy aspect? Or is this issue happening in a domain environment? If so, maybe, you could offer us more details.
    Best regards,
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, March 08, 2017 6:33 AM
  • Hi,

I am checking how the issue is going, if you still have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

And if the replies as above are helpful, we would appreciate you to mark them as answers, and if you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be greatly helpful to others who have the same question.

Appreciate for your feedback.

Best regards,

Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, March 14, 2017 9:27 AM