The translated number is invalid RRS feed

• Question

• Lync Server 2013, client  Lync 2013

I created normalization rule (why do I need a separate topic for conversation)
    pattern: ^(53\d{3})$
    translation: $1@domain.com

When calling from a client Lync (PC, mobile or IP phones Lync Phone Edition) I get the error, see below.
    If I'm calling from phone Lync Compatible IP Phones I pass the call to the specified name. 

How to change the configuration that we could call with clients Lync?

(SIPStack,SIPAdminLog::ProtocolRecord::Flush:ProtocolRecord.cpp(265))[4264049190] $$begin_record
    Trace-Correlation-Id: 4264049190
    Instance-Id: 84A9E8
    Direction: outgoing;source="local"
    Peer: 192.168.0.61:49166
    Message-Type: response
    Start-Line: SIP/2.0 400 The translated number is invalid.
    From: <sip:GVitaly@domain.com>;tag=6892c3fc33;epid=c65a2858be
    To: <sip:53199;phone-context=site@domain.com;user=phone>;tag=E2447DBE1A231EADC2FDB037C8BBB109
    Call-ID: 922a68a93910383a0e6eb5424e725a66
    CSeq: 1 INVITE
    Via: SIP/2.0/TLS 192.168.0.61:49166;ms-received-port=49166;ms-received-cid=1CCF200
    Content-Length: 0
    ms-diagnostics: 14008;reason="Not a phone number";source="LYNC01.domain.LOCAL";CalledNumber="53199";RuleName="RuleName53XXX";RulePattern="^(53\\d{3})$";RuleTranslation="$1@domain.com";TranslatedNumber="53199@domain.com";ValidationFailureDetails="Character '@' at offset 5 is not allowed.";appName="TranslationService

Thursday, October 30, 2014 8:33 AM

Answers

• The trick as you know, is that you're going to need something to designate a number as something to be forwarded to your application.  But a phone number doesn't want to normalize like that within a dial plan, it's going to want to go out a trunk.  All I can figure is that you'll need to create many objects and try to use that or train your users to dial using the MatchURI.

Though you're not the developer of this application, you might also want to post in the Dev forum http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?category=uc to see if someone has encountered this and has better insight.

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications

This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

• Proposed as answer by Eason Huang Tuesday, November 4, 2014 2:33 AM
    • Marked as answer by Eason Huang Friday, November 7, 2014 2:26 AM
    Friday, October 31, 2014 1:00 PM

All replies

• Hi 

Check your translation rule configuration
    Translation rule neither accepts  pounds ,stars,  nor any characters

similar thread for your reference 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/22c3b6f9-a718-4001-909e-81625e971984/normalization-rule-with-numbers-beginning-with-pound-?forum=ocsvoice

Remember to mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question.That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you Check out my latest blog posts on http://exchangequery.com Thanks Sathish (MVP)

Thursday, October 30, 2014 11:27 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your reply. The proposed solution would really help, but I have no trunk. 

I have CsTrustedApplication that is configured CsStaticRoute, and calls on the domain name work fine (for example:  53199@domain.com). But I want to make calls to numbers (for example: 53199) 
    So I decided to make the conversion on the level of normalization rules. And for Lync Compatible IP Phones that works. But does not work for clients Lync :(

How to call the number on CsTrustedApplication?

ps: 
    use CsTrustedApplicationEndpoint option is not suitable, because in this case, the application does not accept the call. 
    Configure Trunk not a solution, because in the trunk is only supported codec G.711, i need to install a video call.

Thursday, October 30, 2014 12:53 PM
  • I think you may need to modify the application to get this to work, as what you're attempting isn't something normalization rules are suited for.  Did you develop the application in house?  If not, I'd contact the developer and ask them for assistance.

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications

This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Thursday, October 30, 2014 2:16 PM
  • I agree that it was used very well to the application if it was possible to get through via CsTrustedApplicationEndpoint. I spoke with the developers on this issue. But there are many other reasons why it would be better to call the application to send via CsStaticRoute. 

Let's go back to the original question. 
    If I create a normalization rule: 
    pattern: ^ (53 \ d {3}) $ 
    translation: $1@domain.com 

This works for Lync Compatible IP Phones, number converted and sent to CsTrustedApplication. 
    For Clint Lync I get error See above. 
    How to do that would appName = "TranslationService" not checked for special characters?
    Thursday, October 30, 2014 5:15 PM
  • I don't think you're going to get around that error with Lync natively.  If you have to add that @domain.com, and you can't use a trunk, either the developer would need to assist to make it work (is this application designed to work with Lync?).  The only other option is to use a third party gateway device that can modify the SIP invite. 

Thursday, October 30, 2014 5:22 PM
  • here no matter what application, here the fundamental question as to call on the trusted application in Lync by phone number?
    Thursday, October 30, 2014 7:10 PM
  • Yes, if the application developer supports the format Lync sends.  If they need a character that's unsupported, they're going to have to assist you directly.  Have they managed to get this working with other Lync deployments?  If so, are those other deployments sending the @?

Thursday, October 30, 2014 7:36 PM
  • Again. Does not matter what application, it supports or does not support calls. Another question. 

Let it be a fictional application is actually not. 
    Create a Lync CsTrustedApplicationPool and CsTrustedApplication. Adding CsStaticRoute with MatchUri domain.com to the specified application. All requests for leave aside 12345@domain.com trusted application route. 
    Now users do not want to type the full name, and the call simply by calling (12345) without the domain. As implemented in Lync?

How to disable checking Translation Service a valid phone number?
    (A normalization rule is incorrect and the resulting translated number is not a valid phone number)

• Edited by G.Vitaly Friday, October 31, 2014 8:32 AM Add question
    Friday, October 31, 2014 6:40 AM
  • If it works when you send the full 12345@domain.com route, and that works with your MatchURI, there's something.  Normalization rules won't work, but what about a contact in the Lync client that also uses that phone number?  Would typing in the number resolve to that contact, and make the call successful?  Is there a fixed number of numbers you need to send to the application or an entire range?

Friday, October 31, 2014 12:45 PM
  • We need to send a range of numbers.

And normalization rules work for Lync Compatible IP Phones, but not for Lync Phone Edition.

• Edited by G.Vitaly Friday, October 31, 2014 12:55 PM
    Friday, October 31, 2014 12:52 PM
  • The trick as you know, is that you're going to need something to designate a number as something to be forwarded to your application.  But a phone number doesn't want to normalize like that within a dial plan, it's going to want to go out a trunk.  All I can figure is that you'll need to create many objects and try to use that or train your users to dial using the MatchURI.

Though you're not the developer of this application, you might also want to post in the Dev forum http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?category=uc to see if someone has encountered this and has better insight.

• Proposed as answer by Eason Huang Tuesday, November 4, 2014 2:33 AM
    • Marked as answer by Eason Huang Friday, November 7, 2014 2:26 AM
    Friday, October 31, 2014 1:00 PM