Missed calls from myself RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

A user reported that she´s getting missed called notifications from herself, I mean, her "name" is "Jane Johnson" and she has notifications in Skype client that said she has missed calls from "Jane Johnson". We reviewed monitoring reports but we only see calls completed correctly.

We have onpremise Skype for Business 2015 deployment, we requested the user to delete her Skype client cache but the question is; do you know why this could be happening?

Regards!

Alvin M.

Friday, May 24, 2019 1:31 PM

All replies

• Hi Alvin,

How often did it happen?

Did the user log in multiple devices at the same time? And did the user setup delegate or call forwarding?

In my understanding, Lync Server generates a missed call notification by sending a SIP INFO message to Exchange server, which in turn performs a reverse number lookup of the caller and sends email to the callee with the missed call details.

Sometimes it maybe related to delegate, please check it.  

In another way, always keep the Skype for Business server with the latest CU.

Best Regards,
    Shaw Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Shaw_Lu Thursday, May 30, 2019 9:15 AM
    Monday, May 27, 2019 3:28 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any update on this case?

Please feel free to drop us a note if there is any update.

Thank you for your understanding and patience!

Best Regards,
    Shaw Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, May 31, 2019 9:36 AM
  • Hello Shaw Lu,

Sorry for my late answer but I´m not getting notifications when someone replies; anyway, I confirmed with the user that she has not enable call forwarding or delegatiion, she´s using only Skype for Business desktop client. This is happening every time that she gets a missed call, also she´s getting the e-mail notification about a missed call but showing the right information, so only Skype client is the one with the issue.

We recommended to clear Skype for Business cache, any thoughts?

Regards!

Alvin M.

Friday, May 31, 2019 8:27 PM
  • Hi Alvin,

According your description, it is OK in Outlook conversation history folder, but incorrect in Skype for Business client, it is quite strange.  I think first try to clear the Skype cache, and in addition, you could also try to clear the managed credentials and re-create a new Outlook profile.

Best Regards,
    Shaw Lu

• Proposed as answer by Shaw_Lu Monday, June 10, 2019 7:41 AM
    Tuesday, June 4, 2019 8:24 AM