(Resolved) Exchange UM (voice Access) and Skype Service Number ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everybody,

I have a question about Exchange UM Online avec the Voice Acess Number.

I'm actually running with echange full Online, Skype Online and i have some Phone System license to get a few services numbers.

i'm trying to assign a number to my Voice Access to permit my user to reach their voicemail using a dialin number.

Is this feature enable for a full Online Users, using directly something in Office 365 ?

Instead of i have a SBC with Cloud Connector Edition linked by my tenant, i have to link this gateway with exchange to get an onpremise number to use thie voice mail access number ?

thanks a lot for help :)

• Edited by tottoo Friday, November 9, 2018 7:07 PM
    Monday, November 5, 2018 3:12 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi tottoo,

In the Cloud-Only environment, when you assign the Phone System and Calling Plans license for SFB online users, voicemail is automatically set up and provisioned for users. You could refer to Assign Skype for Business and Microsoft Teams licenses find more details. 

It is also supported to use voicemail for the users who use on-premise PSTN equipment from March 2017, and it is enabled by default for all organization and users. To do this, you need to assign Phone System add-on license and Exchange Online license for users. You could refer to Skype for Business and Microsoft Teams add-on licensing find more details. 

In addition, you could refer the official document to find more details about Set up Phone System voicemail.

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, November 6, 2018 6:07 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for this answer but i was misunderstood, to make it simple, my question is :

In a full Cloud environment can i Add to Exchange UM a voice acess number using services number ? 

Thanks a lot.

Tuesday, November 6, 2018 1:38 PM
  • Hi tottoo,

I’m still confirming about using Service number as Outlook voice access number. However, it is recommended to set up the “User number” in Outlook voice access in the UM plan. I suggest you could configure it according to the official recommend if there’s no special reason.

In addition, you could refer to this document to find more details about Service Numbers vs User Numbers

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, November 9, 2018 5:54 AM
  • Phone System in Office 365 (Teams or Skype for Business Online) uses Azure Voicemail Service (Cloud Voicemail) and not Exchange Unified Messaging (UM) for Voicemail. Azure Voicemail Service doesn't not have the Subscriber Access feature (Number to call into Voicemail).

See: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/nexthop/2017/10/13/how-to-set-up-and-configure-voicemail-for-skype-for-business-online-users/

Please mark posts as answers/helpful if it answers your question.
    Blog
    Skype Validator - Used to assist in the validation and documentation of Skype for Business/Lync Server.

• Marked as answer by tottoo Friday, November 9, 2018 7:06 PM
    Friday, November 9, 2018 6:09 PM
  • Thanks a lot :) I'm now fixed

Friday, November 9, 2018 7:07 PM