Alternate caller ID not applied when coming from a location policy RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

I'm hitting a snap which looks like a bug from my point of view.

We have location policy setup to change the Caller ID based on where our user is located.

We can see in SQL monitoring that the right location is applied to the user but the caller ID is not applied.

If we manually apply a user VOICE POLICY to the user, then the caller ID is applied correctly.

This Voice policy is using the same PSTN USAGE and thus the same ROUTE as the LOCATION POLICY so it should behave the same from what I understand.

Did I miss something ? Can anyone reproduce my problem ?

Wednesday, March 11, 2020 2:36 PM

All replies

• Hi FranckCo,

Is your voice policy global?

Is your voice policy associated with the PSTN Usage?

If the Route associated with the same PSTN USAGE as the LOCATION POLICY, it should work as your understanding.

After creating a tagged Location Policy, you need to apply the policy to a user policy like the following command:

(Get-CsUser | where { $_.Name -match "UserName" }) | Grant-CsLocationPolicy -PolicyName Redmond

For more details, please refer to this document: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/skypeforbusiness/deploy/deploy-enterprise-voice/create-location-policies.

As a supplement, you can read this blog to learn more about voice routing process: http://www.gecko-studio.co.uk/lync-voice-routing-process/?LMCL=cdCbzv&LMCL=P8d_1b.

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 12, 2020 5:03 AM
  • Hi FranckCo,

Is there any update on this case?

Please feel free to drop us a note if there is any update.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 19, 2020 7:51 AM