SCCM 2012 RTM to SCCM 2012 R2 Migration RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

In my environment i have SCCM 2012 RTM installed and few client machines are managed from it. The server is dead and SCCM is unrecoverable, now i want to deploy SCCM 2012 R2 to a new machine. My question is that do i need to manually uninstall old SCCM RTM agent from the client machines or when i would push the new SCCM 2012 R2 agent it will automatically uninstall the previous agent and install the new one ?

Saturday, October 17, 2015 6:15 PM

Answers

• You should be able to push the new client over the old one. If you had published site data to Active Directory or DNS, you will want to remove the old site info and ensure the new site is published.

Nash Pherson, Senior Systems Consultant
    Now Micro - My Blog Posts
    If you found a bug or want the product to work differently, share your feedback.
    <-- If this post was helpful, please click the up arrow or propose as answer.

Saturday, October 17, 2015 6:21 PM
  • If I remember correctly, it will remove AD data if You uninstall SCCM. But you said that SCCM server is dead, so You cannot uninstall it.

Anyway You can delete published objects in System Management container through ADSI edit.

Sunday, October 18, 2015 11:18 AM

All replies

• You should be able to push the new client over the old one. If you had published site data to Active Directory or DNS, you will want to remove the old site info and ensure the new site is published.

Nash Pherson, Senior Systems Consultant
    Now Micro - My Blog Posts
    If you found a bug or want the product to work differently, share your feedback.
    <-- If this post was helpful, please click the up arrow or propose as answer.

Saturday, October 17, 2015 6:21 PM
  • if i uninstall the SCCM from the control panel will it also remove the published site data from the Active Directory.
    Sunday, October 18, 2015 9:37 AM
  • If I remember correctly, it will remove AD data if You uninstall SCCM. But you said that SCCM server is dead, so You cannot uninstall it.

Anyway You can delete published objects in System Management container through ADSI edit.

Sunday, October 18, 2015 11:18 AM
  • I have found an old backup of the server but anyways thanks for your response.
    Sunday, October 18, 2015 12:22 PM