Problem with printing mail from Outlook 365 - data is spread over several pages RRS feed

• Question

• When trying to print a mail in Outlook 365 I am not able to print a regular page. All the data from the mail is spread over several pages, eg if mail is one page the content is on about 15 pages but also not complete. I have a new laptop and the Office 365 is new installed. Seems that it is not a problem with the HP printer as printing from Word Excel and even PDF files is not a problem at all. The same problem also appears if I try to generate a PDF out of the mail (tried this way to print it afterwards but it is also not working). What can I do?
    Friday, June 5, 2020 1:35 PM

All replies

• Set up the booklet or newsletter
    Open the publication that you want to print as a folded booklet.

On the Page Design tab, click the Page Setup dialog launcher

Page Setup launcher

In the Page Setup dialog box, under Layout type, click Booklet.

Make sure that the Width is 8.5 and the Height is 11.

Under Margin Guides, change the margins if you want.

Page Setup dialog Layout type

Under the booklet graphic, you should see the following (for a 4-page booklet):

Page size 8.5 x 11

Paper size 17 x 11

Page order 4, 1, 2, 3

Click OK.

If you are prompted to automatically insert pages, click Yes. Microsoft Publisher will insert pages so that the total number is a multiple of four, because one sheet of paper becomes four pages.
    Friday, June 5, 2020 1:59 PM
  • Hi,

Yes, Outlook's print function may be a little inconvenient. As a workaround, please try printing via the method below:

1. Open an email in a a separate window.
    2. Click Actions > View in Browser.
    3. Then click Tools > Print > Print setup.
    4. Here you can adjust your print format. 

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 8, 2020 2:07 AM
  • Hi,

I'm writing to see if the reply above is helpful to you. If yes, would you mind helping mark the reply as answer? So that others who might have a similar question can benefit from your thread? Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards, 

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, June 9, 2020 7:40 AM