none
Model Field Empty in CPU section of Server Virtualization and Consolidation Wizard RRS feed

• Question

• I have sucessfully generated the performance metrics and when I'm trying to Prepare recommendations for Server Consolidation, a wizard pops up and I'm unable to see any value in the Model field once i select the CPU manufacturer (Intel/AMD) due to which I'm unable to proceed further.

Somebody please advice.
    kalz
    Monday, March 30, 2009 12:53 PM

Answers

• Interesting.  Does this happen regardless of which manufacturer you choose (AMD or Intel)?   Once you choose a manufacturer, you should be able to choose from the Model dropdown.  The default Model for Intel is Xeon 3200-series, and for AMD it's Opteron.

If you're not seeing those choices and others in the Model dropdown after choosing a manufacturer, then something's not working right.  In that case, take a look in the MAP log file under the bin\log directory in the MAP installation folder & see if you see any exceptions in there that look relevant (might start from the bottom of the file & search up to get the most recent stuff).

Thanks,
    Jay

Monday, March 30, 2009 11:50 PM