none
Need a tool/script that will pull product keys remotely from Windows 7 machines in our environment. Know of any? RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Experts,

I've been tasked with asset management, including grabbing the product keys from all existing Windows 7 machines in our environment.  However, I'll need to do this remotely.  Some of the tools I've tried so far, have not worked.  This includes ProduKey and LicenseCrawler, both highly rated.  I can pull the key while on the box locally, but remotely.   Best case scenario, is that I have a script or tool that can read a list of machine names, and output it into a single file.  Worst case scenario, I crawl under every desk.  Does anyone have any experience with this, or know of a good script or tool to read up on?

Thanks in advance!

Sunday, October 15, 2017 12:55 PM

All replies

• $computers = @('localhost')#list of computers

#unless you are currently logged in as a domain admin # you will need to provide credentials $cred = Get-Credential domain\administrator Invoke-Command -Credential $cred -ComputerName $computers -ScriptBlock { function Get-ProductKey{ #from http://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcenter/Get-product-keys-of-local-83b4ce97 } get-ProductKey }| ft Computername,OSDescription,OSVersion,ProductKey

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 16, 2017 5:07 AM
  • Hi,

Have you benefited from the script?

Any updates on the issue?

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 19, 2017 8:34 AM