Trouble shooting notifications being sent RRS feed

• Question

• We occasionally have issues when folks report they didn't receive a notification for various events... these failures are not consistent... I guess I have questions... what the best way to determine if a failure occurred on the SCSM side not sending the notification or if it was sent but for some reason not delivered to the users un-box. We are using O365 Exchange.

Also is there a way to force a particular notification be resent?

Mike Storms

Monday, January 15, 2018 1:43 PM

Answers

• Hi

My suggestion would be to create a new "SCSM_Notifications" mailbox and then add this mailbox as recipient to all of your subscriptions.

This way, when you get a report of a notification not being received, you can look in the mailbox for the email to see if it was actually sent and forward it to the user if required. I find a lot of users set up rules or have a lot of email and just "lose" the notification.

Getting Service Manger to resend the email is tricky , as essentially you have to re-trigger the conditions that would send the email in the first place. This can usually done on update subscriptions, but is not possible on create based subscriptions.

The other way to see if an email was sent is to use Exchange Message Tracking. You could get a dump of all emails sent by the Service Manger email account. It would require the Office 365 Exchange administrators to run a powershell command to get the data.

Regards

Glen

Web: www.xapity.com  |   Twitter: @xapityapps  |   Facebook: xapityapps

Tuesday, January 16, 2018 1:53 AM