Missing Contacts in Outlook RRS feed

• Question

• I had to reload Office 365/Outlook. The contacts I had embedded in my previous Outlook did not come back when Outlook finished installing.  Where did they go?  I need them back!
    Monday, July 15, 2019 6:49 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Did you have an Outlook archive (PST file)? If yes, please refer to this guide to import it (with contacts):

Import email, contacts, and calendar from an Outlook .pst file

Regards,

SAAD Youssef

______

Please remember to mark the replies as answer if they help, thank you!

Monday, July 15, 2019 7:24 PM
  • Hi Russ,

What's the type of your email account? POP, IMAP or Exchange?

If you are using an Exchange account, when you reconfigure you account on Outlook that is reinstalled, your contacts will be synced automatically.

However, if you are using a POP or IMAP account, the contacts will not be synced between your Outlook and server, that means, if you have imported or created some contacts in your Outlook client, it will only exist in your local PST (POP) or OST (IMAP) file and will not be sync to the server, so when you reinstall your Office or use a new profile, the contacts in your Outlook disappear.

In this situation, if you have a backup of the previous PST file, just refer to the suggestion of SAAD to import it into your Outlook client. If not, I'm afraid that the only way you can do is to create them manually again.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, July 16, 2019 2:29 AM
  • Hi,

If you have you your PST file, there is possibility to recover lost contacts in Outlook account. You can go through the given blog, which discuss about ways to retrieve deleted or lost contacts. 

Refer: https://lettoknow.com/how-to-recover-deleted-contacts-group-outlook-2016/

Hope this may help you,

Regards,

Alfyie

Tuesday, July 16, 2019 9:27 AM
  • Hi,

Have you got the issue fixed?

I'm writing to see if the reply above is helpful to you. If yes, would you mind helping mark the reply as answer? So that others who might have a similar question can benefit from your thread? Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, July 18, 2019 9:42 AM