none
How do I REMOVE/disable the IE8 security report icon on SSL/https pages? RRS feed

• Question

• I have some devices loading in kiosk (-k) mode and I dont want the users playing around with these options (delete certificate, etc).  When you click on another link in this kiosk mode this security report icon shows up on linked page (its the only thing that does).    This was not an issue with IE6...

THanks

Wednesday, October 12, 2011 6:40 PM

Answers

• Hi,

As far as I know, the Security Report icon will display everytime you visit a Secured website. It is by designed.

Best Regards,

Niki

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Wednesday, October 19, 2011 5:21 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please change the following setting.

Tools -> Internet Option -> Security tab ->Internet zone -> Custom level… -> under Miscellaneous, enable Display mixed content.

If the issue persists, please let me know the error message exactly.

Best Regards,

Niki

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, October 14, 2011 10:33 AM
  • I did make that change to avoid an error message--but for another issue .  This isn't an error message per se, but rather a "Security Report" that I don't really want them messing around with.   It shows up in the upper right corner of the IE8 screen and has certificate info and other things (as shown below).  Can that not be removed from view?  The screen is completely clear except for that.

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 5:45 PM
  • Hi,

As far as I know, the Security Report icon will display everytime you visit a Secured website. It is by designed.

Best Regards,

Niki

Wednesday, October 19, 2011 5:21 AM
  • I figured that, as it is a httpS.   However, is there a way to turn it off so it doesn't show up?  Kiosk mode is kiosk mode for a reason---full screen with no ability to do anything but access the page in front of them.  These will be used by the general public and in my experience (plenty), people using this will click and mess around with anything they can find with the mouse :)

I usually use the wonderful SteadyState on these (R.I.P), which would prevent any changes, but these are setup a little different with constant updates and that wont work in this case...

If it can't be disabled then I'll just go with it as is.  Its the ONLY thing they can mess with...but I'd prefer to keep them out of the certificate management section if I can...(see below for menu activated by the lock)

Wednesday, October 19, 2011 2:16 PM