Setting up meeting rooms with conditions RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!

I am new to this forum so please direct me if I am at the wrong place.

We have Exchange Server 2007 and we got a request to set up meeting rooms as below:

We have one big room (say Room-A) which is split into two smaller rooms (say Room-B & Room-C); so when Room-A is booked, the two smaller rooms shouldn't be available for booking and likewise when any of the smaller room (Room-B or Room-C) is booked, the big room (Room-A) shouldn't be available for booking. If I am confusing, please feel free to ask questions.

Please note that I am not an admin of my organisation so don't expect too much details on this post but if you would like to know any specific information, please let me know and I can try to get back with answers.

I would like to know if this set up is possible. If yes, please let me know how this can be done?

Thanks a lot!

Davis

Tuesday, August 13, 2013 11:06 AM

Answers

• Hi Davis,

How about removing Room A?

If users want to book Room A, just choose both of Room B and Room C.

It won’t be confused and convenient to manage room booking.

Hope it helps.

Thanks

Wednesday, August 14, 2013 11:14 AM

All replies

• Could someone shed some light on this? I would like to know (at least) if this is possible or not.

Thanks,

Davis

Wednesday, August 14, 2013 8:50 AM
  • Hi Davis,

How about removing Room A?

If users want to book Room A, just choose both of Room B and Room C.

It won’t be confused and convenient to manage room booking.

Hope it helps.

Thanks

Wednesday, August 14, 2013 11:14 AM
  • Hey Winnie,

Thanks for your response. This is exactly how we have set up currently but would like to know if my condition can be made possible.

Thanks,

Davis

Wednesday, August 14, 2013 11:36 AM
  • Hi Davis,

The condition can be made possible.

It can be achieved by creating Transport Rules in Hub Transport. Or we can choose setting rules on Outlook separately from Room A, Room B and Room C sides.

It is recommend to create rules from Outlook side. Because the former is applied in all Exchange server transport while the latter is just limiting the room booking process of these three rooms.

Thanks,

Winnie Liang

Monday, August 26, 2013 1:46 AM