Export all customizations (installation expiration) RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all,

I´ve installed SC Service Manager SP1 and customized it for my company. Today the eventlog shows an event:

"The installation of SCSM is only 0 day(s) and 5 hour(s) from expiration. Please upgrade to a new version immediately."

If I want to connect my local sm-console to the server an other message appears: "Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Common.UnknownServiceException: Der Dienst hat einen unbekannten Ausnahmefehler verursacht. Weitere Informationen finden Sie in der Beschreibung der eingeschlossenen Ausnahme. ---> System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[System.UnauthorizedAccessException]: The creator of this fault did not specify a Reason. (Fehlerdetail ist gleich System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Der Zeitraum für die Evaluierung des Produkts ist abgelaufen. Informationen zum Erwerb der Verkaufsversion des Produkts finden Sie unter http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=151842." 

--> ...evaluation of this product is expired....

I am sure that i haven´t checked the "install 180 days evaluation version" checkbox in setup! But now it´s expired? However i entered a productkey I got from the MVLSC.

1. Is it possible to activate Service Manager now? Research tells NO and I should install select/retail version.

2. How can I Export all the customizations we´ve done?  By exporting my own management packs and import it an a new server?

3. What about the sealded/unsealed management packs which was installed by setup? a) Are there any customizations in? b) Do I need to export them too? c) Could there be problems with importing those?

4. What about my Lists-Listcustomization/Userroles/Connectors/Incident...Settings? Can I save those too?

5. What about the database? Can i take them offline, reinstall the right version and bring them online again?

Smlets dosen´t work anymore.

• Edited by Simon Eiden Wednesday, March 19, 2014 1:01 PM
    Wednesday, March 19, 2014 12:46 PM

Answers

• 1. Yes, Microsoft has a tool. If you call them they will let you use it.

2. Yes, export all management packs and import them into a new environment. That's one of the main benefits of management packs.

3. As long as you have saved any thing into the OOTB MPs, than you shouldn't have to worry about it. If you have saved things there than you should duplicate those things into new MPs. 

4. Those are saved into a MP. Hopefully you know which one.

5. You can migrate the database.  I've never done this, but you'll probably want to make sure the management group name is the same. 

- Get on the floor, do that dinosaur

• Marked as answer by Simon Eiden Thursday, March 20, 2014 12:16 PM
    Wednesday, March 19, 2014 1:38 PM

All replies

• 1. Yes, Microsoft has a tool. If you call them they will let you use it.

2. Yes, export all management packs and import them into a new environment. That's one of the main benefits of management packs.

3. As long as you have saved any thing into the OOTB MPs, than you shouldn't have to worry about it. If you have saved things there than you should duplicate those things into new MPs. 

4. Those are saved into a MP. Hopefully you know which one.

5. You can migrate the database.  I've never done this, but you'll probably want to make sure the management group name is the same. 

• Marked as answer by Simon Eiden Thursday, March 20, 2014 12:16 PM
    Wednesday, March 19, 2014 1:38 PM
  • Where can I get the phone number to call microsoft support in germany?

Wednesday, March 19, 2014 2:52 PM
  • http://support.microsoft.com/?ln=de

Wednesday, March 19, 2014 2:57 PM
  • Thx so far. I´ve exported all unseald MPs as XML. But I need to export some as .mbp

Is it possible to export unsealed management packs out of ServiceManager database as .MPB?

as XML:

Select MPName, MPFriendlyName, CONVERT(XML, MPXML) as MP
    FROM ManagementPack
    Where MPIsSealed = 0

Source

Thursday, March 20, 2014 12:16 PM
  • I'm not sure. You may want to start another thread for that question.

Thursday, March 20, 2014 4:07 PM